Thursday, January 21, 2016

Week #1 - First Response


These clips reminded me of the chromesthesia form of synesthesia, though slightly different as some of the colors or shapes were not the same for different tones. There was a very consistent red color in the first video, which paired with the upbeat music, evoked an excited and semi-anxious emotional response from me. The never-ending stream of colored shapes and lines in these videos was visually captivating. There was a constant change among the images shown, and though every shape was repeated multiple times, the continuous movement made everything seem new. Interestingly enough as the colors and shapes were constantly changing and switching, I noticed that I found myself instinctively attempting to make sense of them or trying to form a pattern. It was odd that my brain strained to find the repetitions when it seems there were none to be found. I think that it is amazing that people with synesthesia naturally associate those shapes and colors with each other in their everyday understanding and perception of the world, especially when all I could do was watch them go across the screen with no logical connection. I am not entirely sure yet of the specific motivation behind these clips, as in what their meanings were, what they were inspired by, if and what I was supposed to feel when watching them. I am very curious to see what others noted about the videos and if their responses were similar to mine. It would also be interesting to know and compare my response to that of a person who perceives with synesthesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment