Sunday, April 10, 2016

Bolex Long Take – Saturday Shoot

Despite this shoot falling on the only Saturday I would’ve had off this semester, I am happy to say that I had a lot of fun working with the Bolex camera and with other groups.
For our long take my group decided to shoot me as the villain, throwing a water balloon at an innocent pedestrian then upon realizing the stranger was backed by an odd posse ready to seek revenge, I started to (in a less than average pace) run away as the group (running in the infamous Charlie Chaplin walking style) chased me and pelted me with water balloons resulting in my surrender. Choosing what to do was actually quite difficult as my group tried bouncing around ideas that had somewhat developed story lines and locations, while also trying to think of an interesting live sensory component to bring to class. Ultimately we ended up going in a different direction and we came to the conclusion that we wanted our film to be unrestricted and comedic. It was cool to use more people from the class in our film and I am interested to see how things turn out in the editing process.
On top of shooting our own film, most of class got to participate in one of the other groups’ films, which was really awesome. I honestly have no idea what their shoot was about, all I know is that there was a couple ‘vigorously’ making out and that we all got to put on fake blood and die in the fountain. All in all I’d say the day was a success and I would gladly spend another weekend doing another project like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment