Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Last Blog - Rate All 6 Assignments

1) Multi-plane Animation
The multi-plane animation was my favorite assignment because though quite tedious, the experience was really cool from filming to editing. I have seen many stop motion animations but this was the first time I had ever gotten to make one myself. I have a new understanding for the patience needed for these types of projects, and a definite appreciation for those who spend months making full-length animations.
2) Bolex Long Take
The Bolex camera in itself is really awesome. I’m really glad we learned how to use it and I hope to work with one in the future. This assignment falls in second place though because the process was the most fun, which is surprising considering it was our Saturday shoot. It was really cool to work on stuff as a class and help other groups with their projects.
3) Freestyle
The freestyle comes in third place because having the freedom to do whatever we wanted with our film was really awesome, and being able to use a new technique in our own way resulted in me coming up with ideas for future films I make. I also like that we discusses ideas as a class because I never would have come up with some of those things on my own.
4) Direct Film Manipulation
I really liked this assignment and I enjoyed learning how to use many different techniques on film stock. I honestly had no idea what I was doing the whole time but I think the end result was pretty cool to see.
5) Creative Crowdsourcing  
The crowdsourcing assignment was really interesting. I had never even heard of the Johnny Cash project before now and to be able to contribute to something like that was awesome. The only thing that was difficult for me was trying to think of cool things to draw on the frames, especially considering that I have no drawing ability whatsoever.
6) Rhythmic Edit

Last but not least is the Rhythmic Edit. This one was pretty fun to shoot and to edit, but not my all time favorite. I didn’t like watching the one made of me multiple times in class because I’m really awkward on camera but ultimately the sequences were cool to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment